Key Business Links
BIDS: The Business Information Database System (BIDS) gives U.S. businesses up to the minute information about significant foreign government and multilateral development bank procurements. Through an interactive map interface, businesses can find new export opportunities, validated by U.S. government economic and commercial experts overseas. Public and private partners can link to or download BIDS data for matchmaking, analysis, or other purposes.
Direct Line for American Business: The Direct Line for American Business program connects U.S. businesses and American Ambassadors and U.S. mission personnel overseas, making you part of our "country team." You will get up to the minute information on markets vital to your business, and learn about new sectors and tenders to help you expand your business.
BusinessUSA.gov: BusinessUSA is a White House initiative that serves as an electronic clearing house for U.S. Government information and assistance that relates to business.
U.S. Government Resources
- Department of Commerce
- Export.gov: Brings together resources from across the U.S. Government to assist American businesses in planning their international sales strategies and succeed in today’s global marketplace. Export.gov also hosts information on the National Export Initiative.
- National Intellectual Property Rights Center: The National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center (IPR Center) stands at the forefront of the U.S. government’s response to global intellectual property (IP) theft.
- Department of State Business Visa Center
- Department of State Office of Commercial and Business Affairs
- Office of the United States Trade Representative
- Small Business Administration
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- The Overseas Private Investment Corporation Enterprise Development Network
- The U.S. Trade and Development Agency
- The Export-Import Bank of the United States
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture, Foreign Agricultural Service
Chamber of Commerce (AmCham), Finland: AmChams advance the interests of American business overseas. They are voluntary
associations of American companies and individuals doing business in a
particular country, as well as firms and individuals of that country who
operate in the U.S. Currently, 115 AmChams in 102 countries are
affiliated with U.S. AmCham.
U.S. Commercial Service Helsinki
Embassy of the United States of America
Itainen Puistotie 14 B
FI-00140 Helsinki, Finland
Tel: (358-9) 616 250
Fax: (358-9) 6162 5130