Frequently Asked Questions
- Online DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application
- Visa Waiver Program and Visas
- Applications and Interviews (including Refusals and Reapplying)
- Types of Passports and Residency Requirements
- Pre-Departure & Post-Travel
Tips for a Smooth Visit to the Consulate
Security at the Consular Section:
All official facilities are mandated to use access control procedures for all visitors and their handbags and packages. No luggage, electronic or photographic equipment is permitted in our waiting room or on other Embassy premises. All cell phones will be left with a guard before entering the waiting room.
Be sure to have all of your documents for your visa type.
- DS 160 confirmation page
- MRV fee receipt
- All original copies of Notices of Action and acceptance documents (L, H1B, P, J, F type visas)
- Printed SEVIS fee receipt (J and F type visas)